Home

Waxahachie Downtown  - The Rogers Hotel

 

HOTEL IS CLOSED AS OF APRIL 2008

 

Named for the founder of Waxahachie, Emory W. Rogers, who built his log cabin home in 1847 on this site and donated land for the Ellis County Courthouse in 1850. 

During the early days of the 20th century, several major league baseball teams lodged here for spring training. the Detroit Tigers in 1916-17, the Cincinnati Reds in 1919, Chicago White Sox in 1921 and the Buffalo Bison in 1948-49.  The hotel was used as the bank in the movie "Places in the Heart.  Famous past guests include, Ty Cobb, Bonnie and Clyde, Frank Sinatra plus a host of characters from the old west.

The Rogers Hotel  
100 North College St. at Main
Waxahachie, TX 75165

 

 

 

Copyright 2007 ,all rights reserved
Waxahachie Journal Web Group